|Why Choose Us
Learn more about what sets us apart
How to prepare for your visit with us
|Get directions | Contact us |
Ongoing Research Projects
Welcome to Urologic Clinics of North Alabama
“Where experience and compassion meet technology”
We appreciate you choosing our practice to serve your special health care needs. On behalf of our physician and staff, we would like to personally welcome you. Ever since our inception in 1996 we have strived to offer compassionate, personalized and state-of-the-art urological care to the people of North Alabama and surrounding areas. We work with our patients and their primary care physicians to help evaluate, recommend and treat medical conditions related to the urinary tract and male reproductive system.
We are committed to providing the most comprehensive and contemporary treatment to meet the urological needs of our patients. Dr. Chakrabarty is a leader in several areas of urology and is a national and international surgical proctor for several of these innovative procedures. Being in practice since 1980 across three continents, along with his sub-specialty training and competence, he offers a world of experience and expertise in all aspects of male, female and general pediatric urologic disorders.
If you or a loved one suffers from a urologic condition – whether it is a life-altering incontinence issue or a life-threatening cancer – you can count on Urologic Clinics of North Alabama to offer the treatment and support that you need to get better safely, quickly, effectively and with minimal morbidity.
Though we deal with all areas of urological care Dr. Chakrabarty has special interest in the areas of
- Female urinary incontinence and pelvic floor prolapse
- Minimally invasive therapies for male urinary problems including enlarged prostate and urinary incontinence
- Low testosterone and erectile dysfunction
- Male infertility and vasectomy reversals
- Minimally invasive treatment for prostate cancer
- Treatment and prevention of kidney stones
The practice also plays an integral role in the field of urology through research studies conducted at the facility.
Urologic Clinics of North Alabama values the doctor-patient relationship and recognizes the importance of earning your trust by delivering competent and quality patient care. We understand that the foundation of any relationship is good communication, honesty, and respect and our entire staff strives for your complete unconditional satisfaction. For our staff caring and compassion is not just a procedure, it is a mindset.
We always welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions in order to ensure that our practice provides an effective and efficient office and medical environment. This assures our commitment to provide each individual with the highest quality of medical care.
SPECIFIC GOALS OF OUR PRACTICE:
- Readily accessible appointments and same day availability for emergent add-ons.
- Innovative treatments with emphasis on non-invasive or minimally invasive techniques including laser and laparoscopic surgery.
- Integrate the doctrine of prevention in all our treatment plans as a way to alleviate possible future difficulties
- Active participation in national multi-institutional research trials studying new drugs or innovative surgical techniques and minimally invasive procedures.
For your convenience we offer three convenient office locations in Huntsville, Hartselle, and Madison, Alabama, for easy access to all your urological needs.
SPECIAL PROCEDURES OFFERED:
- Interstim Therapy, Percutaneous Tibial nerve stimulation and Botox therapy for Urge Incontinence
- TransUrethral Prostate Microwave Therapy (TUMT), Transurethral Needle Ablation (TUNA), Greenlight Laser and Plasma “button” electrode for treatment of enlarged prostate
- Minimally invasive treatments for Prostate Cancer including Cryo-therapy, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) and Robotic prostatectomy.
- Single incision minimally invasive out-patient procedures for female urinary incontinence and pelvic floor prolapse like Ajust and Mini-Arc Precise slings, Macroplasique urethral bulking agents in addition to offering the traditional non- mesh repair.
- In-office no-scalpel vasectomy: Dr. Chakrabarty has vast experience in conducting vasectomies
- Vasectomy Reversals: Dr. Chakrabarty has expertise with microscopic vasectomy reversals with a high success rates and offers all-inclusive payment packages.
Patient testimonials are available.
We are pleased to have you as a patient. If you have any questions, always feel free to contact our office and our trained staff will assist you in any way possible. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied or if we fell short of your expectation please bring it to our notice and we will try our best to rectify that. Thank you for your confidence in entrusting us for caring for your urological needs.
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- Protocol 191622-096 A Multicenter, Long-term Follow-up Study of the Safety and Efficacy of BOTOX on Botox naïve patients with Multuple Schlerosis – DIGNITY Study
- Allergan GMA-OAB-113 Complete COntinence as Primary Metric For OnabotulinumtoxinA OveRactive Bladder Treatment Success: A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study in Overactive Bladder Patients with Urinary Incontinence – COMFORT Study
- Elevate Apical/Posterior vs. NTR study: A Prospective, Safety and Efficacy Cohort Study of Elevate® Apical and Posterior Prolapse Repair System Compared to Native Tissue Repair for Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair (Protocol No. PR1206) – HARMONY Study
If you are interested in participating in any of these trials please click here for more details.